You can cancel, archive, and delete orders. Canceling an order means that you’re stopping an order that’s in process. Archiving an order means that you are flagging an order that is done so that you can filter it from your open orders list. Deleting an order means that you are removing it from Customer Dashboard
Cancel an order
If an order is fraudulent, a customer requests a cancellation, or an item was ordered and isn’t available, then you might need to cancel an order.
You can only cancel orders in the following situations:
- You haven’t collected a payment for the order.
- You’ve collected a payment for the order, but no items have been fulfilled.
If you cancel an order that’s fulfilled, then you need to cancel any fulfillments manually. Canceling a fulfillment in Shopify doesn’t stop a fulfillment that’s in progress.
If you’ve collected payment for the order, then a full refund f is issued when the order is canceled. You can’t issue a partial refund with an order cancellation.
After you cancel an order, the details about what items are restocked and refunded is stored in the order’s timeline.
When you cancel an order, the payment status changes to either Refunded or Voided. If a payment hasn’t been captured, then the payment status is Voided. If the payment has been captured, then the payment status is Refunded. If you partially refund an order with a captured payment, then the status is Partially refunded.
- From your Customer Dashboard, go to orders.
- Click the order that you want to cancel.
- Click More actions> Cancel order.
- If payment was captured, then then details about the refund are displayed.
- If you don’t want the refunded items to be restocked in your inventory, then uncheck Restock items.
- Select the reason for cancellation from the drop-down menu.
- If you don’t want to notify your customer of the cancellation, then uncheck Send a notification to the customer.
- Click Cancel order.
If you have any questions please contact us :
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (718) 579-5000
Business Address: 334 Douglass St, Brooklyn, NY 11217, United States.